Monday, February 1, 2010

Day Six - God Bless Lithuania!

Today was AMAZING. I went to the 6pm class and to my surprise, the Lithuanian instructor was leading the class. I had an amazing class. I did every pose with energy and focus and I was really surprised how my body reacted. I went way deeper in multiple poses than I ever had and it felt great to be able to see concrete improvement in my yoga. One of the things that really stuck with me is when the instructor stated that meditation doesn't have to be some long exercise and that it is possible to mediate for a second. To have your mind at peace for just a moment. That is all meditation is. It sounds really simple but it resonated with me.

I think I need to move outside my comfort zone a little. I always sit in the exact same place in the room and I think it may be time for me to move more toward the center of the room. Just to see. I also want to not get too comfortable with my Lithuanian instructor. I don't want to be closed minded towards other instructors.

I will be able to leave work early all week so I am going to go to the 6pm class each night. I think it is a great way to end the day and I like how I can adequately hydrate slowly all day. Lauren is in Boston all week for work so being at home is quiet and a little lonely. But it is really easy for me to go to yoga so that is good. I'll keep you posted.

~Val

No comments:

Post a Comment