Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 12

This morning was the first time I was really not looking forward to yoga. I drank a lot of wine last night and woke up feeling sluggish and stiff. I went to class expecting an instructor I liked and got a pleasant surprise - Aura was teaching the class today. I'm not sure if it was wine from the night before or what but it felt like it was 120 degrees in there today. Sweat was literally pouring from my body. During the first breathing exercise sweat was dripping from my elbows. It was rough. I didn't make it through all the poses but I still felt pretty good when class was over.

I have been feeling more comfortable looking at myself in the mirror during class. I find myself focusing less and less on how I look and more and more on my form. It isn't so much a feeling of comfort, it is more like I am not preoccupied with body image. It is a very peaceful feeling and I spend less energy actively trying to feel at ease, it is just happening.

Today is the Super Bowl. It is a good thing I went to yoga today because I plan on eating a drinking up a storm the rest of the day! Go Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment