Friday, February 5, 2010

Day Nine

Day nine was AMAZING. I really pushed myself and am very proud of how I am progressing. I also really liked my yoga shirt fit too. I didn't think about my pudge at all. It was just an awesome class. I am finding myself not only planning my days around bikram but also really looking forward to it throughout the day.

There was one thing that happened after class yesterday that really took me out of my zone. Class was over and we were laying in our final pose for the day. At the end of each class, the instructor will hand out cold towels that smell like peppermint/eucalyptus and you are supposed to just lay there for a few minutes. It is really relaxing. So I was laying there and some man walked by to leave and all of a sudden a large droplet of man-sweat landed on my cheek. I was so offended. At first I tried to remain still and "send my energy" to the spot to wash away the nastiness but it was as if a snowflake was slowly melting into my warm, pure cheek. Then I started thinking about Mount Vesuvius. (On a side note - after 4 years of Latin I think about Roman history more than I would care to admit.) It was almost as if the grossness was slowly washing over my entire body and I was being frozen in time. I finally just used my cold towel to wipe off my cheek but it was not the way I wanted to end such a great class. I realized that I like to sweat a lot through class but I have no desire to have anyone's sweat even remotely near me, let alone two inches from my mouth!

Due to the impending snowpocalypse, I am getting off work early and may try to do "a double." That's right - two classes in one day, or in my case, two classes in a row. This weekend is the superbowl and it might be nice to have a reserve class just in case I miss a day. We will see. I might not be ready for doubles yet.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, man sweat, ewww! There was one guy at the studio in Dupont who would RAIN sweat the entire class...drip drop drip drop drip drop on the floor. I was fascinated, and worried all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete